Services for Seniors
The library provides a wide variety of services and resources for seniors in our community.
Read below for more information...
Library Services for Seniors
The library provides a wide variety of materials and services, including: public access computers, free Internet access, movies, books, magazines, large-print books, audiobooks, interlibrary loan, and more...!
Visit our Services Page for a complete list of library services
Browse the Library's list of online databases and resources
Library Programs for Seniors
The Library offers various ongoing programs developed for seniors:
In the fall and winter we hire a student to offer computer and internet lessons. Please contact the library for more information
Websites for Seniors
Are you looking for senior-friendly information? We've compiled some links and sites just for you!
GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS & SERVICES
HEALTH & WELLNESS
HOUSING & LEGAL
MONEY & FINANACE
TRAVEL & LEISURE
Disclaimer: While this website may contain links to third-party sites, the Whitewater Region Public Library and its web designers are not responsible for the content of any linked sites, including any damages that might result from visiting these pages. We provide these links as a convenience and do not endorse the organizations or contents of any linked sites.
- The Centre for Equitable Library Access
Equitable library service for Canadians who cannot read print material because of a disability is now a reality. After many years of national studies, recommendations and advocacy efforts, a new national, non-profit organization called the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) has launched.
- Alzheimer Society of Canada - information about the disease and related dementias, caregiving, research, and more.
- Arthritis Society - information about the disease, tips for living well, research, news, programs and services, and more.
- C-Health - providing consumers with objective, accurate, and current healthcare information online.
- Canadian Hearing Society - non-profit organization supporting Canadians who are hard of hearing.
- CNIB - services for the sight-impaired.
- Division of Aging and Seniors - from the Public Health Agency of Canada, providing federal leadership in areas pertaining to aging and seniors. The Division serves as a focal point for information and centre of expertise.
- Healthy Ontario - seniors section of the health resource website from the Ontario government.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation - preventing and reducing disability and death from heart disease and stroke through research, health promotion and advocacy.
- Long Term Care Planning Network - resources designed to make your life as a caregiver easier.
- Osteoporosis Canada - educates, empowers and supports individuals and communities in the risk-reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - access timely, trusted and credible public health information through a single source.